Two years have passed so incredibly quickly. We took over the Bolehill reins on the 8th November 2017 and with milestones all too easily skimmed over with day-to-day goings on, we thought it’d be apt to pause for a moment and reflect on this period.
Full Steam Ahead
Naturally, we’ve always wanted to continue the success of Bolehill Farm yet take it to its next chapter, keeping it relevant to the ever changing holiday accommodation market yet maintaining the traditional qualities of the site. Below is a sweeping summary of such alterations and additions of which we hope you’ve enjoyed:
• Added group dining area and associated kitchen – family friendly groups now welcome
• Full refurbishment of our Leisure Area, including games room with all machines converted to ‘Free Play’
• Installation of cycle shelter and bike wash
• Addition of outdoor games shed – lots of fun outdoor games, from limbo to croquet
• Overhauled on-site plumbing system – increased water pressure, more efficient and should avoid ever ‘running out’ of hot or cold water!
• Addition of 2 en-suite cottage bathrooms (Derwent and Lathkill) & 6 cottage bathrooms refurbished (including a bath in Bluebell)
• Redecorated all cottages along with new carpets throughout and some new furnishings
• Refreshed four kitchens with new crockery throughout all cottages
• Towels and other goodies provided for your stay
• Increase in car park capacity
• Increase in dog provisions – dog welcome baskets and enhanced dog paddock by adding dog waste bins, mesh for further enclosure and new mowing system for the dog paddock grass to keep it shorter and negate the need for cows to ever enter (no cow pats anymore hooray!)
• Upgraded site TV distribution and new TV’s – more consistent signal, better picture, more channels including Freeview HD
• Installation of new outdoor fences and gates within the courtyard – providing a small outdoor enclosed space for Shippon, Dove and Derwent
• New website and booking system, with the ability to now ‘Book & Pay Online’
• Rewritten and updated all guest literature, including welcome guide and walks from the door
• Produced an illustrated site map of Bolehill – to help you better understand ‘what is where’ on site
Further Plans Over The Next 6 Months
Here are a few things we have planned over the next few months:
• Addition of a log burner to Lathkill Cottage
• New kitchens to be installed in Shippon and Derwent Cottages
• New outdoor seating/BBQ area to be landscaped at the top of the guest garden
• Implementation of further sound proofing measures to cottages below other cottages
• Simplify cottage Wi-Fi system – each cottage will have it’s own Wi-Fi zone
• Modify Sheepfold Cottage entrance to provide its own entrance stairway
Celebrations At Bolehill
It’s a pleasure to be able to thankfully say that our new group dining room has so far been a success and has hosted many celebrations of all different kinds! Wedding anniversaries (including gold and ruby), family get togethers, birthday get togethers, walking groups, interest groups of various sorts, friend get togethers and even a dog’s first birthday. Thank you to all that have used this space, enjoyed it and have provided us with valued feedback on how to take the space forwards.
Congratulations to Meg & Katie on their engagement. It was a pleasure having you to stay and all the very best with your wedding plans and beyond. Best wishes from us.
Christmas Is Coming
We had a lovely evening at Haddon Hall last Christmas (all except the song!), enjoying one of their twilight tours with mulled wine and mince pies. It was fascinating to learn all about the hall within a gentle festive atmosphere – personally speaking, we would not hesitate to recommend this tour.
This year, we are planning a trip to Tissington Hall over the festive period, for their ‘Ghost Stories by the Fireside’ event and to see the hall decorated in all its festive glory.
Chatsworth Christmas market has magnetised us back once again; this is starting to become an annual tradition for us and we’re proud to be providing accommodation for several exhibitors of this years show.
As ever, the farm has been keeping Andrew, Joanna and Jake busy, with a new shed being constructed for the calves to live in (it looks very light, new and fresh). In addition, Jake and Rebekah tied the knot earlier this year – congratulations to them!
A Big Thank You
We’d like to thank all of our guests who have stayed with us in the last two years and particularly to those who have provided feedback to us in a kind fashion – it helps us make decisions in the true spirit of the site. Thank you and best wishes.