Terms & Conditions
When booking with us, you are entering an agreement, the terms of which are detailed below. Therefore, please read these before booking with us to ensure you are entirely happy.
Booking & Payment
A booking is accepted when you receive written confirmation from us with a booking reference and the deposit has been paid. Please ensure the details are correct and advise us immediately if there are any errors.
To secure your booking a deposit of 20% of the overall fee is payable. The balance is payable 8 weeks before the start of your holiday.
If booking within 8 weeks of arrival the whole cost is payable on booking. We reserve the right to cancel the booking if full payment has not been received by this date. If this happens you will be subject to the cancellation charges set out in the cancellation section of these terms and conditions.
Group bookings: For group bookings (the booking of more than one cottage) a deposit of 40% is required to secure the booking. The balance is payable 8 weeks before the start of your holiday.
If you wish to make a group booking (more than one cottage) please call or send us an e-mail/message in order for us to discuss your requirements.
Once you book your stay with us, our agreement is a legal contract and your deposit is non-refundable under any circumstances. For this reason, we recommend that you take out a cancellation insurance against this eventuality. All cancellations and amendments must be confirmed in writing either by email or letter.
If you have to cancel less than eight weeks prior to your holiday we will endeavour to re-let the cottage with a £50 cancellation fee to cover costs such as administration and advertising. Should we be unable to do so we reserve the right to charge you the full rental. If we do succeed in re-letting the booking you are no longer liable for the balance, or we will refund it to you if you have already paid.
We would only cancel your holiday if your accommodation was unavailable for reasons beyond our control. We would attempt to offer you alternative accommodation - however if this is not possible or unacceptable to you, then we would refund all monies paid for the stay. Our liability would not extend beyond this refund.
Your cottage will be available from 3:00 pm on the day of arrival, unless otherwise agreed. Early check-in maybe available to guests for an additional charge, allowing check in two hours early. We will do our best to be on site to greet you, however if we are not at home, you will be able to let yourself into your cottage - we will let you know where to collect your key from.
Please vacate the cottage by 10:00am on the day of departure to allow us time to prepare it for the next guests. Please note that under some circumstances we can offer a 'Late Check-Out' facility (at an additional cost) which enables guests to check-out up to two hours past our standard check-out time.
Transfer Of Booking
Bookings are only valid for those named at the time of booking and are not transferable or resalable, unless we authorise this in writing.
Guests are requested to not exceed the maximum number of people for which we supply bed/bed linen (including babies and small children). We reserve the right to refuse or cancel any booking that in our opinion may be unsuitable for the cottage concerned. Please make sure that the cottage you book meets your requirements – if in any doubt, please contact us to discuss your requirements prior to booking.
We are happy for friends and family to visit for short periods and in small numbers yet we do not allow them to utilise the facilities (e.g. games room) which are strictly reserved for our paying guests. We reserve the right to terminate the stay of any guest if these conditions are not complied with.
When our larger cottages (which sleep 4/5) are offered at a reduced price for two, the cottage can only be used by two people for the duration of the stay. Any additional guests wishing to stay for one or more night (either booked in advance or at the time of the visit), must be charged at the full rate for the cottage. This must be paid in full prior to the additional guests stay. This discount cannot be used in conjunction with any other offers or discounts.
Ben Linen And Towels
Bed linen and bath/kitchen towels are provided and included in the price of the holiday. Please note that we can supply a cot/highchair on request free of charge. We do not supply cot bed linen.
We want you to enjoy your stay, nevertheless, should there be any problems with the standard or level of service of your accommodation please come and talk to us at the time the problem occurs. If you make us aware of something after you have returned home, this makes it more difficult to assist and investigate.
Dogs and other pets are very welcome - we just need to know at the time of you making your booking. We expect pets to be well behaved and house trained! Unfortunately, we are unable accommodate younger dogs, cats or any other animal under 9 months of age. We do ask that you please comply with the following points immediately below when bringing pets:
- Do not leave pets in the cottages on their own (unless in a suitable cage)
- It is preferable that pets do not go onto soft furnishings and beds. However, if they do, please ensure there is a suitable cover placed on the bed/soft furnishing (we provide towels).
- Please exercise your dogs away from the cottages in the designated dog paddock
- Dispose of any dog waste in bins on site
- Please ensure that your pet is under reasonable control at all times and on lead in the courtyard area. Dogs must not be left unattended on site.
- Please note that we do restrict the number and size of dogs in some cottages – see individual cottage pages on our website for more details, or give a call to discuss your requirements
- Please ensure that your pet(s) (especially bitches) does not urinate on the garden grass areas as this leaves dead patches that become unsightly for other guests
We reserve the right to seek compensation from damage and excessive cleaning costs caused by dogs and any other pets and ask owners to take a responsible attitude.
Damages & Breakages
Please take care of our property. You are responsible and liable for any breakages or damages that you cause to the accommodation or its contents. Please report these as soon as they occur. We do not normally charge for minor breakages, but we reserve the right to charge you for repair or making good if the damage or breakage is significant. This includes damage from smoking within the cottages which is not permitted.
Please let us know about any problem with any appliance or fixture or fitting as soon as possible and we will ensure that, within a reasonable time, this is repaired or alternative arrangements are made.
Please note that consequential costs may be incurred where it is not possible to repair or clean the cottage prior to the arrival of the next guest and a demand for compensation may be sought.
Visitors are asked to take care at all times while on our property. Parents in particular are asked to ensure that children are safe, accompanied by a responsible adult and not left unattended. We do not accept responsibility or liability for injury or damage to and loss of guests property, cars and contents and you agree to indemnify and hold us harmless from and against all actions, claims, costs and proceedings (including reasonable legal fees incurred in defending the same) arising from your acts or omissions (and those in your party) while on our property. In the event of guest misbehaviour or other necessary cause, we reserve the right to terminate the let without any refund of letting monies.
We (or our representative) reserve the right to enter any property at a reasonable time for the purpose of emergency maintenance or repair or any other need. Where possible we would advise you in advance if access if required.
All cottages and communal areas/rooms at Bolehill Farm are non-smoking, including the use of e-cigarettes. If you wish to smoke outside, please ensure that you dispose of matches and cigarettes butts in one of the dustbins provided.
The use of candles are not permitted in your cottage as they pose a potential fire risk.
Charging of Electric Vehicles
We reserve the right to charge between £5-10 per day per car for the charging of electric vehicles (standard 13amp domestic socket). No charge will be made for mobility scooters etc.
No discounts/offers can be used in conjunction with another discount/offer.
Changes To These Conditions
Our Terms and Conditions are subject to amendment, we therefore suggest that you print a copy for reference. If our terms and conditions change, and in the unlikely event that a dispute arises, we will honour the version of our terms and conditions that your produce to us.
We aim to be a peaceful, family-friendly holiday site. Our site is not a good fit for those wanting a loud, party style atmosphere. All group enquiries are to be put forward to us first for approval to ensure your needs are a good fit for our site and vice versa. In light of this, there are several guidelines we ask guests/groups to abide by to respect the decency of all guests on our site. Please note: naturally, these terms vary somewhat if a group is booking our entire site. We will discuss the changes to the below on confirmation of a whole site booking.
- For group bookings (the booking of more than one cottage) a deposit of 40% is required to secure the booking. The balance is payable 8 weeks before the start of your holiday
- Outdoor speakers/outdoor music is not to be played on-site
- Please maintain the volume inside and outside of your cottage to a sensible level. By this we mean a volume whereby it will not inconvenience us or other guests
- Minimal noise in our outdoor communal areas, particularly in the evening – no group socialising in the outdoor areas after 10pm. These areas include but is not exclusive to our: courtyard area, guest garden, dog paddock and car park. As a general rule of thumb – ‘low noise chatting’ is fine yet music and shouting is not accepted
- Each cottage has an allocated seating area yet the courtyard is a communal area. Therefore, please be mindful of the space of others.
- No mass congregating/socialising in the courtyard – our games room area can be used for this
- We reserve the right to enforce the above and in the worst-case scenario, terminate the booking without a refund
Our aim in stating the above is to maintain a peaceful and ‘family friendly ‘site at all times, so you and others can enjoy the peace and tranquillity of the Derbyshire countryside.
We provide wireless internet access free of charge for the duration of your stay, which is subject to the following conditions. The use of the internet enables you to access e-mail and browse the internet.
Prior to using our complimentary Internet service please be aware of the following Terms and Conditions:
To enable you to access e-mails and browse the web at your convenience we have installed a 'free of charge' broadband internet service. This can be accessed in a number of ways:
- From your own laptop/pc/Tablet/Smartphone which you can connect via
- One of the bolehillguest security enabled Wi-Fi access points around the site
- Directly via a cable to an Ethernet LAN port in each cottage
Passwords and user ID's etc can be obtained from your cottage.
Before using the system, there are a few points you need to be aware of:
We only offer this service on a 'reasonable effort' basis and cannot guarantee that all devices will work with the network nor can we guarantee the level of availability, security or quality. It should be noted that although the signal strength is adequate in all cottages for laptops and tablets some smaller devices may find difficulty in connecting throughout the cottage.
The internet access we provide is primarily designed to enable our guests to access their e-mails and for general web browsing. The service is not suitable for gaming, video streaming voice over IP (skype etc), video conferencing, TV broadcast downloads, large file downloads, video or audio streaming and any other network intensive services. We reserve the right to disconnect any guest from the network where attempts to use these services are causing disruption to the network.
We have been informed by our Internet Service Provider (ISP) that they monitor our inbound and outbound traffic and have automatic triggers on most known illegal sites. This is to protect themselves and us from any legal implications of users downloading illegal copyrighted material and accessing offensive websites etc. We, therefore, reserve the right to monitor all guest traffic and where necessary immediately disconnect guests from the network, if it is clear that a infringement has been made
Although we have taken efforts to secure our network with firewalls etc our network should not be treated as a secure network and your device is therefore potentially vulnerable. Please ensure that your devices' security settings are configured for use on a 'public' network.
Most ISPs will not allow their users to send mail from outside of the ISP's network (unless they have some means of authenticating where the e-mail has come from). This results in guests being unable to 'send' e-mails from their PCs using Outlook etc. The only alternative to this is to use the service providers Web-mail interface. For those of you already using this type of e-mail (Hotmail, Gmail etc) there should not be any problems.
When using the wi-fi service the guest agrees at all times to be bound by the following provisions:
- Not to use the wi-fi service for any of the following purposes:
- Disseminating any unlawful, harassing, libellous, abusive, threatening, harmful, vulgar, obscene or otherwise objectionable material or otherwise breaching any laws.
- Transmitting material that encourages conduct that constitutes a criminal offence, results in civil liability or otherwise breaches any applicable laws, regulations or code of practice.
- Interfering with any other persons use or enjoyment of the wi-fi service.
- making, transmitting or storing electronic copies of material protected by copyright without permission of the owner,
- To keep any username, password, or any other information which forms part of the wi-fi service security procedure confidential and not to disclose it to any third party.
Infringements of the above could lead to immediate termination of the service and we reserve the right to pass required information to relevant authorities if it is deemed, a serious breach has occurred or if we are required to do so by law.
Termination Of The Wi-Fi Services
We have the right to suspend or terminate the wi-fi service immediately in the event that there is a breach of any of the provisions of these standard conditions including without limitation:
- If the guest uses any equipment which is defective or illegal;
- If the guest causes any technical or other problems to our wi-fi service;
- If, in our opinion, the guest is involved in fraudulent or unauthorised use of the wi-fi service;
- If the guest resells access to our service; or
- If the guest uses our service in contravention of the terms of these standard conditions.
- It is the responsibility of the guest to ensure that the wi-fi enabled device is compatible with our wi-fi service. The availability and performance of the wi-fi service is subject to all memory, storage and any other limitations in the guest’s device.
- We are not responsible for data, messages, or pages that the guest may lose or that become misdirected because of interruptions or performance issues with the wi-fi service or wireless communications networks generally. Network speed is no indication of the speed at which the guest's wi-fi enabled device or our wi-fi service sends or receives data. Actual network speed will vary based on configuration, compression and network congestion.
This statement relates to the privacy practices of Bolehill Farm Cottages in connection with Bolehill Farm’s website (www.bolehillfarm.co.uk).
Bolehill Farm Cottages respects your right to privacy and actively seeks to maintain the privacy rights of those who share personal information with us.
Gathering And Use Of Personal Information
Bolehill Farm Cottages does not collect any personal information about you on their website other than information which you voluntarily provide. Bolehill Farm Cottages only makes use of such information in line with the purpose for which you provided it as is necessary to provide you with the information and/or service you require. Bolehill Farm Cottages will not disclose your information to any third party without informing you first or unless it is required to use a third party to process the information for us. Should we need a third party to process information Bolehill Farm Cottages requires these third parties to comply with their instructions and also require that the third party agree not to use your personal information for their own purposes unless you have explicitly consented for them to do so.
Cookies may be blocked by adjusting the browser settings on your device. Blocking cookies may cause loss of functionality.
Bolehill Farm Cottages is not responsible for the content or privacy practices of other websites. The privacy practices on these websites may differ from that on the Bolehill Farm Cottages’ website, and it is advised that you review the other websites’ policies before providing personal information.
Right Of Access
You have the right to ask for a copy of your personal data. Should you want to take advantage of this right email us at email@example.com. To protect your privacy, you may be asked to provide suitable proof of identification. If any of your details are incorrect please let us know and we will correct them.