Pets at Bolehill Farm
Here at Bolehill Farm Cottages we love well behaved pets and welcome them with open arms.
Our dog friendly environment and the beautiful surrounding countryside are everything a dog could need for that home away from home feel. The cottages are set in extensive grounds of open fields and woodland, meaning lots of land for your dog to enjoy. We even have a specially set aside dog paddock.
Here are just some of the facilities we have/are nearby for pets:
- 20 acres of grounds
- Dedicated paddock - exercise area for dogs
- Dog friendly local pubs
- Local dog friendly attractions
- Walks from the door
- 'Dog wash' area to wash those muddy paws
- Our site is sufficiently set back from roads
Dogs are charged at £5 per dog per day. We welcome Guide dogs, Hearing dogs and Assistance dogs free of charge.
Please see our individual cottage pages for details on the number and size of dogs each cottage can accommodate - if you have any questions, just let us know.
Pet Friendly Part of the World
There are many dog friendly attractions in our local area for both you and your pet to enjoy (full details of these can be found on our 'Out and About' page). Here is a taster of what's on offer:
- Chatsworth - dogs welcome in the garden only
- Monsal, Tissington and High Peak Trails
- Crich Tramway Village
- Heights of Abraham
- Carsington Water
- Hardwick Hall - welcome in the parkland only
- Kedleston Hall - welcome in the park only
There are also lots of dogs friendly pubs in the area too, below is a short selection. There is a more extensive list within your welcome folder which is provided in your cottage:
- THE LATHKILL HOTEL - Over Haddon - 2 miles 01629 812501 - dogs are welcome in the bar only
- THE PACK HORSE INN - Little Longstone - 5 miles 01629 640471 - dogs are welcome in the bar
- THE CRISPIN INN - Great Longstone - 5 miles 01629 640237
- THE ROYAL OAK - Hurdlow - 5 miles 01298 83288 - dogs are welcome in the bar
- THE FARMYARD INN - Youlgrave - 5 miles 01629 636221
Although we welcome all dogs there are a few rules we would ask that you follow. Please see our terms and conditions for full details.
- We reserve the right to seek compensation for any damage and/or excessive cleaning costs caused by dogs and other pets and ask that owners take a responsible attitude to ensuring that dogs stay off the furniture, bedding etc
- Please do not leave your pet(s) in the cottage on their own unless left in a suitable cage
- Keep your pet under close control at all times while around the cottages, gardens etc (this does not apply to our fields etc)
- Although we have 20 acres of grounds you are welcome to use, it should be noted that we normally have cattle in some of our fields over the summer months. As the cattle can be inquisitive about dogs (this can be intimidating at times) we have set aside the paddock area for exercising dogs. You are, however, welcome to use any of our fields with or without cattle
- Please keep your pet(s) away from children's play areas and the guest gardens and remove any mess from the gardens, courtyard, paths, parking areas etc
- Please ensure that your pet(s) (especially bitches) does not urinate on the garden grass areas as this leaves dead patches that become unsightly for other guests
- Unfortunately we are unable to accommodate younger dogs/cats (under 9 months)
- Please note that we do restrict the number and size of dogs in some cottages and also the overall number of dogs on site at any one time. Please see individual cottages for the maximum allowance of dogs of each cottage.