Pets at Bolehill Farm
Here at Bolehill Farm Cottages we love well behaved pets and welcome them with open arms. That said in our experience, we would not recommend Bolehill for highly reactive dogs i.e. there will often be other dogs and people around in a courtyard setting. Please see our dog rules below.
Enclosed cottage outdoor areas: Honeysuckle, Sheepfold, Derwent and Dove all have small enclosed areas leading from the cottage door (picket fence is approximately 1 metre high). Shippon also has a small enclosed area but this is opposite the cottage (does not lead from the front door).
Here are just some of the facilities we have at Bolehill
- 20 acres of grounds with far reaching views towards Lathkill Dale
- Dedicated paddock - exercise area for dogs
- Walks from the door
- 'Dog wash' area to wash those muddy paws
- Our site is sufficiently set back from roads
- A dog welcome basket, which includes dog bed, towels, bowls and a few treats!
Dogs are charged at £5 per cottage per day - in line with the recommended dog guidelines on our individual cottage pages. For clarity, this is a flat charge - no additional charge for multiple dogs per cottage.
We welcome Guide dogs, Hearing dogs and Assistance dogs free of charge.
Please see our individual cottage pages for details on the number and size of dogs each cottage can accommodate - if you have any questions, just let us know.
Dogs must be supervised in the courtyard at all times. However, there will always be communal outdoor space available to exercise your dog(s).
Please note - As a rule of thumb, we have cows in our fields (no bulls on our land) between the months of April to November yet our Dog Paddock are always free of cows.
Dog Friendly Places to Visit
There are many dog friendly attractions in our local area for both you and your pet to enjoy (full details of these can be found on our 'Out and About' page). Here is a taster of what's on offer:
- Chatsworth - dogs welcome in the garden only
- Monsal, Tissington and High Peak Trails
- Crich Tramway Village
- Heights of Abraham
- Carsington Water
- Hardwick Hall - welcome in the parkland only
- Kedleston Hall - welcome in the park only
- Walks from the door
Dog Friendly Pubs
There are also lots of dogs friendly pubs in the area too, below is a short selection. There is a more extensive list within your welcome folder which is provided in your cottage:
- THE BULLS HEAD - Monyash - 2 miles - 01629 640471 - dogs are welcome in the bar
- THE LATHKILL HOTEL - Over Haddon - 2 miles 01629 812501 - dogs are welcome in the bar only
- THE PACK HORSE INN - Little Longstone - 5 miles 01629 640471 - dogs are welcome in the bar
- THE CRISPIN INN - Great Longstone - 5 miles 01629 640237
- THE ROYAL OAK - Hurdlow - 5 miles 01298 83288 - dogs are welcome in the bar
Although we welcome all dogs there are a few rules we would ask that you follow. Please see our terms and conditions for full details.
- Unfortunately, we are unable accommodate younger dogs, cats or any other animal under 9 months of age.
- Do not leave pets in the cottages on their own (unless in a suitable cage)
- It is preferable that pets do not go onto soft furnishings and beds. However, if they do, please ensure there is a suitable cover placed on the bed/soft furnishing (we provide towels).
- Please exercise your dogs away from the cottages in the designated dog paddock
- Dispose of any dog waste in bins on site
- Please ensure that your pet is under reasonable control at all times and on lead in the courtyard area. Dogs must not be left unattended on site.
- Please note that we do restrict the number and size of dogs in some cottages – see individual cottage pages on our website for more details, or give a call to discuss your requirements
- Please ensure that your pet(s) (especially bitches) does not urinate on the garden grass areas as this leaves dead patches that become unsightly for other guests
We reserve the right to seek compensation from damage and excessive cleaning costs caused by dogs and any other pets and ask owners to take a responsible attitude.