Wednesday 4 February Buxton and WI committee

At least no more snow overnight and Chris took dogs for their walk while I dealt with emails. Had eye tests arranged in Buxton and luckily roads were clear enough for the drive there although the pavements were still slushy in Buxton. By time both of us had had our tests and chosen new frames it was time for a early lunch. Came back via Chelmorton where we had a chat with Margaret re our potential new logo. By the time w got back to Bolehill the sun was shining and there was evidence of a partial melt. The forecast for tomorrow by now was for up to a foot of snow in the Peak District. Was getting worried as with no oil delivery and low temperatures our supply of oil was dwindling fast and if there was a severe snow fall there could be the risk of power cuts too. Another cottage in today and it had already been cleaned. They arrived about 5pm. After dinner I hosted the WI committee meeting here. Geoff also called in to see Chris so we had a very full car park!