Saturday 4th October

Another Saturday and another wet one forecast. Started off dry enough to take dogs for walk after breakfasts. Four cottages out and five back in with two cleaners up. No problems encountered and all finished by 1.30. Cottages arrived between 2.45 and 3.30, two have been a few times before and one couple are already looking at dates for next year. One departing guest has booked for same time next year so I already have bookings as far ahead as a year. It is nice but also a worry as there is more time for things to go wrong and I often the more forward the booking is the more likely it is to be cancelled. The rain set in during the afternoon with a strong wind but overall the temperature rose during the day. Chris paid a flying visit to his parents departing mid afternoon and not due back until nearer midnight. Spent the rest of the afternoon and evening doing paper work, both personal and business, and planned my spring bulb order. Had a light dinner and laid table for morning. Put the chickens away and got wet taking Smudge for a walk. Blue had gone with Chris. Hopefully a better day weather wise tomorrow.